The internship programme's goal is to give undergraduates the opportunity to gain teaching experience before committing to it as a career. This programme is part of Get into Teaching, which helps prospective teachers on their way to becoming teachers.
An internship lasts 3 weeks, starting 19 June until 7 July and you’ll be paid £300 per week, so £900 in total.
Undergraduates pursuing a degree in STEM-related subjects are eligible for the programme:
What it will cover
You'll get a taste of school life, which may include:
- A 3-week placement in one of our partnership schools across Nottinghamshire.
- Observing lessons and shadowing experienced teachers
- Collaborating on lesson planning and delivery
- One-on-one instruction from outstanding classroom teachers
- Networking opportunities with qualified subject matter experts
How to apply
You can apply directly to us by emailing us via our contact form, or you can seek the assistance of a Get Into Teaching advisor via the Get Into Teaching website, who will assist you in writing an application letter.